Yahoo Suche Web Suche

Suchergebnisse

  1. Suchergebnisse:
  1. Vor 3 Tagen · She was buried in Sleepy Hollow Cemetery, in Sleepy Hollow, New York. Philanthropy. Louise was an influential member of the board of The Carnegie Corporation until her death. She advised Andrew Carnegie as they jointly helped the creation of over 2,500 libraries between 1883 and 1929.

  2. Vor 6 Tagen · : 52 The main building of Sleepy Hollow Country Club was formerly Woodlea, the 140-room Renaissance Revival mansion of Margaret Louisa Vanderbilt Shepard and her husband Elliott Fitch Shepard. The building, which has about 70,000 square feet (6,500 m 2), is one of the largest houses in the United States.: 163 Government

  3. 14. Mai 2024 · Kykuit (pronounced "kai-kit"), a 40-room Classical Revival-style villa in Sleepy Hollow, New York, was his idyllic seasonal oasis about 30 miles north of New York City. Today, visitors can tour the home and its lush gardens overlooking the Hudson River through Historic Hudson Valley. Take a look inside. [ The gift shop at Kykuit.

  4. Vor 4 Tagen · US 9 then passes historic Sleepy Hollow Cemetery, which includes the resting place of Washington Irving and the setting for "The Legend of Sleepy Hollow". [18] US 9 expands to four lanes at the trumpet intersection with NY 117 ; Broadway finally ends and US 9 becomes Albany Post Road.

  5. 16. Mai 2024 · Philipse Manor station is a commuter rail stop on the Metro-North Railroad’s Hudson Line, located in the Philipse Manor area of Sleepy Hollow, New York, United States. Built around 1910 and opened on January 30, 1911, the Tudorbethan architecture of the station’s original has earned it a listing on the National Register of Historic Places as an intact example of an early commuter rail station.

  6. 13. Mai 2024 · Kykuit, a 40-room mansion in Sleepy Hollow, New York, belonged to the Rockefeller family. It was built in 1913 for John D. Rockefeller, founder of the Standard Oil Company. The property...

  7. 15. Mai 2024 · Sleepy Hollow Free School. A one-room schoolhouse built circa 1865 and used until 1890. Called a “free school” because students could attend for free. (The Historical Society, Inc. of Sleepy ...