Vor 2 Tagen · Aretha Louise Franklin ( / əˈriːθə / ə-REE-thə; March 25, 1942 – August 16, 2018) was an American singer, songwriter and pianist.  Referred to as the "Queen of Soul", she has twice been placed ninth in Rolling Stone ' s "100 Greatest Artists of All Time". With global sales of over 75 million records, Franklin is one of ...
Vor 2 Tagen · Welcome to the official site of the Queen of Soul, Aretha Franklin. Learn more about exclusive limited-edition releases, legacy news, community events, and more. Learn more about exclusive limited-edition releases, legacy news, community events, and more.
13. März 2023 · Diese Diskografie ist eine Übersicht über die musikalischen Werke der US-amerikanischen Soul-Sängerin und Pianistin Aretha Franklin. Den Quellenangaben und Schallplattenauszeichnungen zufolge hat sie bisher mehr als 28 Millionen Tonträger verkauft, davon alleine in ihrer Heimat über 24,5 Millionen. Ihre erfolgreichste ...JahrTitel AlbumHöchstplatzierung, Gesamtwochen, ...(de)Höchstplatzierung, Gesamtwochen, ...(at)2014Rolling in the Deep (The Aretha Version) ...——2011How Long I’ve Been Waiting A Woman ...——2007Put You Up on Game Jewels in the Crown: ...——2003Wonderful So Damn Happy——
- Early years
- Musical career
- Later years
- Later career
- Music career
- Death and legacy
Grammy-winning Queen of Soul and the first woman to be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, Aretha Louise Franklin was born in Memphis, Tennessee, to Barbara Vernice (Siggers) and C. L. Franklin, a Baptist minister, who preached at the New Bethel Baptist Church in Detroit for over thirty years. Known as the man with the \\"Million-Dollar Vo...
Aretha released her first single at the age of eighteen, under Columbia Records, it reached number ten on the BillBoard charts and her first record was released in January of 1961. While working for the label, she managed to score two more R&B hits, Operation Heartbreak and Won't Be Long. However the people at Columbia often felt they didn't unders...
Franklin had not only achieved her dream of becoming a musical sensation but stood out in the civil rights movement for her single with Otis Redding, Respect. The song helped send a message to Americans about equality, peace, and justice. Franklin continued to release pop hits throughout the decade, such as Think, I Say A Little Prayer, and Ain't N...
In the mid '70s, even though she was releasing hit songs, she began to lose touch with her soul-pop audiences due to the disco genre making its entrance into mainstream music. In 1979, she released an album in order to gain the audience of disco lovers called, La Diva. La Diva sold less than 50,000 copies and was marked as the lowest point in Frank...
In 1980, along with several other musicians such as Ray Charles and James Brown, Aretha Franklin appeared in the hit feature film The Blues Brothers. In 1982, she returned to the R&B top ten charts with her hit album Jump To It, featuring Luther Vandross. It sold more than 600,000 copies and was gold-certified, managing to stay on number one for se...
In 2003, she had ended the 23 year relationship with Arista and opened her own label, Aretha. Franklin released her first album on the label, A Woman Falling Out Of Love, in 2011. It marked her fifty years in show business.
Aretha Franklin died of advanced pancreatic cancer on August 16, 2018, in Detroit, Michigan. She will be known as one of the most influential singers of all time, and as an activist who spoke of the world through her music, and used music as a tool for truth, justice, and soul.
- Aretha Louise Franklin
- The Queen of SoulRee
- March 25, 1942 in Memphis, Tennessee, USA
19. März 2023 · Aretha Franklin® is a registered trademark of The Estate of Aretha Franklin. buy tickets march 6, 2023 Templeton-Blackburn Auditorium, Athens, OH buy tickets march 9, 2023 Proctor’s, Schenectady, NY buy tickets march 10, 2023 George Hall Auditorium, Ogdensburg, NY buy tickets march 11 - 12, 2023 State Theatre New Jersey, New Brunswick, NJ
14. März 2023 · Aretha Franklin was one of the most influential and talented musicians of the 20th century. Known as the “Queen of Soul,” she had a career that spanned over five decades and produced numerous ...
22. März 2023 · Aretha Franklin, the Queen of Soul, hardly needs an introduction. For over 60 years, she gave us everything from soul to R&B to blues to Gospel. She truly never missed a beat.