28. Aug. 2023 · Artrock (englisch: art rock oder art pop, deutsch eigentlich: Kunst-Rock bzw. Kunst-Pop) ist eine Stilrichtung der Rockmusik, die eng mit dem Progressive Rock verwandt ist. Die Grenzen zwischen diesen beiden Stilrichtungen sind fließend und umstritten.
Vor 4 Tagen · Art rock is a subgenre of rock music that generally reflects a challenging or avant-garde approach to rock, or which makes use of modernist, experimental, or unconventional elements. Art rock aspires to elevate rock from entertainment to an artistic statement, opting for a more experimental and conceptual outlook on music.
- 1960s, United States and United Kingdom
Art rock, eclectic branch of rock music that emerged in the late 1960s and flourished in the early to mid-1970s. The term is sometimes used synonymously with progressive rock, but the latter is best used to describe “intellectual” album-oriented rock by such British bands as Genesis, King Crimson,
- The Editors of Encyclopaedia Britannica
22. Aug. 2023 · Art rock. Art rock (also sometimes called progressive rock or classical rock) is a sub- genre of rock music that has " experimental influences ".  It tries to make rock music into art instead of just entertainment. It often uses longer songs than other genres of rock. It uses different techniques such as elements (parts) of classical music.
9. Juni 2023 · The Pretty Things, led by art school compatriots Dick Taylor and Phil May, evolved from compelling R&B degenerates into psych satyrs with the multi-faceted 1967 single “Defecting Grey” and ...
- Oregano Rathbone
18. Sept. 2023 · A Brief History of Art-Rock. Origins in the early 1960s: The origins of art-rock can be traced back to the early 1960s when producers like Phil Spector and Brian Wilson of The Beach Boys established themselves as detail-oriented musical creative directors.