21. März 2023 · Christian democratic parties are often likely to assert their country's Christian heritage and explicitly affirm Christian ethics rather than adopting a more liberal or secular stance; at the same time, Christian Democratic parties enshrine confessional liberty.
21. März 2023 · The CDU is the second largest party in the Bundestag, the German federal legislature, with 152 out of 736 seats, having won 18.9% of votes in the 2021 federal election. It forms the CDU/CSU Bundestag faction, also known as the Union, with its Bavarian counterpart, the Christian Social Union in Bavaria (CSU).
Christian democracy, political movement that has a close association with Roman Catholicism and its philosophy of social and economic justice. It incorporates both traditional church and family values and progressive values such as social welfare. For this reason, Christian democracy does not fit squarely in the ideological categories of left ...
22. März 2023 · Christian population percentage by country.  As of the year 2022, Christianity had approximately 2.7 billion adherents and is the largest-religion by population respectively.   According to a IIS estimation in 2022, Christians made up to 2.7 billion of the worldwide population of about 8 billion people.
2. Okt. 2020 · The key concepts of Christian Democracy are as follows. First, there is a commitment to the doctrine of personalism, the demand that the political authority respect the dignity of the human person. This defense is rooted in a robust theological and philosophical account of human nature and the requirements of the natural law.
17. März 2023 · The Christian right, or the religious right, are Christian political factions characterized by their strong support of socially conservative and traditionalist policies. Christian conservatives seek to influence politics and public policy with their interpretation of the teachings of Christianity.
22. März 2023 · Founded by primarily Christian-democratic parties in 1976, it has since broadened its membership to include liberal-conservative parties and parties with other centre-right political perspectives.      On 31 May 2022, the party elected as its President Manfred Weber, who was also EPP's Spitzenkandidat in 2019.