Vor 10 Stunden · The CDU is the second largest party in the Bundestag, the German federal legislature, with 152 out of 736 seats, having won 18.9% of votes in the 2021 federal election. It forms the CDU/CSU Bundestag faction, also known as the Union, with its Bavarian counterpart, the Christian Social Union in Bavaria (CSU).
- 26 June 1945; 77 years ago
- Friedrich Merz
Vor einem Tag · Die Christlich Demokratische Union Deutschlands (CDU) ist eine zwischen 1945 und 1950 gegründete, christdemokratische, konservative und wirtschaftsliberale Partei in Deutschland. Sie wird im politischen Spektrum mitte-rechts verortet.
Vor 2 Tagen · The Christian Democratic Union of Germany or Christlich Demokratische Union Deutschlands (CDU) is one of the two main right of centre political parties in Germany. It describes itself as a Christian democratic, liberal and conservative party of the centre. In November 2005 the Federal leader of the CDU Angela Merkel became the ...
- 1870 (Centre Party), 1945 (CDU)
- Christian Democracy, Conservatism
- Klingelhöferstraße 8, 10785 Berlin
- Friedrich Merz
Vor 2 Tagen · The international organization of Christian democratic parties, the Centrist Democrat International (CDI), formerly known as the Christian Democratic International, is the second-largest international political organization in the world, after the Socialist International.
13. Feb. 2023 · Christian Democratic Union (CDU), German Christlich-Demokratische Union, German centre-right political party that supports a free-market economy and social welfare programs but is conservative on social issues. The CDU has also been a strong advocate of European integration and has cultivated close relations with the United States ...
Vor 2 Tagen · Christian Democratic Union of Germany Controversies Merkel-Raute Revolution of 1989 Democratic Awakening 1990 East German election German reunification Kohl Administration Minister for Women and Youth Minister for the Environment Leader of the Christian Democratic Union CDU donations scandal 2002 election Federal Chancellor of Germany