Edward Vincent „Ed“ Sullivan (* 28. September 1901 in New York City, New York; † 13. Oktober 1974 ebenda) war ein US-amerikanischer Entertainer. Bekannt wurde er als Moderator der The Ed Sullivan Show, deren Beliebtheit in den späten 1950er und frühen 1960er Jahren ihren Höhepunkt erreichte.
Ed Sullivan was an American television personality, impresario, sports and entertainment reporter, and syndicated columnist. He was the creator and host of The Ed Sullivan Show, the longest-running variety show in U.S. broadcast history. Learn about his life, career, achievements, and legacy.
- Edward Vincent Sullivan, September 28, 1901, New York City, U.S.
- October 13, 1974 (aged 73), New York City, U.S.
The Ed Sullivan Show war eine amerikanische Fernseh-Varieté-Show, die vom 20. Juni 1948 bis zum 28. März 1971 auf CBS lief und von dem New Yorker Unterhaltungskolumnisten Ed Sullivan moderiert wurde. Sie wurde im September 1971 durch CBS Sunday Night Movie ersetzt. Bis 1955 lautete der offizielle Name Toast of the Town.
The Ed Sullivan Show was an American variety show that ran on CBS from 1948 to 1971 and was hosted by Ed Sullivan. It featured various types of entertainment, such as classical musicians, opera singers, popular recording artists, songwriters, comedians, ballet dancers, and circus acts. It was one of the few entertainment shows to have run in the same weekly time slot on the same network for more than two decades.
- June 20, 1948 –, March 28, 1971
9. Okt. 2023 · Ed Sullivan, (born September 28, 1901, New York, New York, U.S.—died October 13, 1974, New York City), American television personality who was best known as the master of ceremonies of the immensely popular early TV variety program first known as Toast of the Town (1948–55) and later as The Ed Sullivan Show (1955–71).
- The Editors of Encyclopaedia Britannica
Edward Vincent "Ed" Sullivan (September 28, 1901 – October 13, 1974) was an American entertainment writer and television host. He was best known as the presenter of the television variety show The Ed Sullivan Show. The program was shown on television from 1948 to 1971 (twenty-three years).