Erasmus Hall High School was a four-year public high school located at 899–925 Flatbush Avenue between Church and Snyder Avenues in the Flatbush neighborhood of the New York City borough of Brooklyn.
- November 11, 1975
- Academy: 1786, High School: 1905-06, 1909-11, 1924-25, 1939-40
15. Feb. 2024 · Michelle Young Nestled in the heart of Brooklyn is one of New York City’s most impressive yet little known treasures – Erasmus Hall, a Gothic-style school that is reminiscent of the colleges...
24. Juni 2003 · Erasmus Hall High School is a Federal style building in Flatbush, Brooklyn, designed by an unknown architect in 1939-40. It was the first secondary school chartered by the New York Regents and the first public school in Flatbush. It is a designated individual landmark by the Landmarks Preservation Commission and a neighborhood landmark by the Historic Districts Council.
Learn about the celebrities, actors, musicians and celebrities who were students at Erasmus Hall High School in the Flatbush section of Brooklyn. From Barbra Streisand to Al Davis, discover their stories and how they became famous.
15. Juli 2013 · Erasmus Hall High School is a complex of buildings that includes the remains of the oldest secondary school in New York, founded by Dutch settlers in 1786. The school has a rich history of dueling duellers, a Collegiate Gothic quadrangle, and a museum that showcases its storied past and present.
Erasmus Hall, one of New York's most storied high schools -- and perhaps its most beautiful -- has gone through difficult times and many changes in the past 25 years. The famous school in Flatbush and is now home to five small schools. Read more.
26. Dez. 2010 · Learn about the origins, architecture, and achievements of Erasmus Hall High School, the first secondary school chartered by the Regents of New York and the "mother of high schools" in the city. Discover the names and stories of some of its famous alumni, such as actors, inventors, and educators.