Joan Barbara Yarde-Buller was born on 22 April 1908. She was the eldest of six children born to John Yarde-Buller, 3rd Baron Churston, the aide-de-camp to the Viceroy of India, and Denise Orme, a former music hall singer.
- 22 April 1908
- John Yarde-Buller, 3rd Baron Churston
- 25 April 1997 (aged 89)
- Denise Orme
Joan Barbara Yarde-Buller (22 avril 1908 - 25 avril 1997) est une mondaine anglaise, l'une des Bright Young Things . Biographie. Joan Barbara Yarde-Buller est née le 22 avril 1908, fille de John Yarde-Buller (3e baron Churston), et de Denise Orme. Elle épouse Loel Guinness .
25. Apr. 1997 · April 25, 1997 (89) Immediate Family: Daughter of John Reginald Lopes Yarde-Buller, 3rd Baron Churston and Denise Orme. Wife of Seymour Berry, 2nd Viscount Camrose. Ex-wife of Thomas Loel Evelyn Bulkeley Guinness and Aly Khan. Mother of Patrick Benjamin Guinness; Aga Khan IV and Private.
- "Guinness", "Tajuddawlah Khan"
- April 25, 1997 (89)
- April 22, 1908
- Ric Dickinson
- Early Life
- Personal Life
Yarde-Buller was born on 9 November 1873. He was the only son of the John Yarde-Buller, 2nd Baron Churston and Barbara Yelverton. His mother was the only child of Sir Hastings Yelverton and the 20th Baroness Grey de Ruthyn. He was educated at Winchester College.
Yarde-Buller was commissioned a second-lieutenant in the Scots Guards on 8 April 1896 and promoted to lieutenant on 13 April 1898. Following the outbreak of the Second Boer War in late 1899, Yarde-Buller was with the 2nd Battalion of his regiment as it left Southampton for South Africa on the SS Britannic in March 1900. On arrival, the battalion wa...
On 24 April 1907, he married the music hall singer Jessie Denise Orme Smither, only daughter of Alfred John Smither. Before their divorce in 1928,they had six children, most of whom were known for their high-profile marriages and divorces: 1. Hon. Joan Barbara Yarde-Buller (1908–1997), who married G/Capt Loel Guinness in 1927. They divorced in 1936...
- John Reginald Lopes Yarde-Buller, 9 November 1873
- Second Boer War
- 19 April 1930 (aged 56)
- Winchester College
25. Apr. 1997 · Hon. Joan Barbara Yarde-Buller (22 April 1908 – 25 April 1997) was an English socialite, one of the Bright Young Things. Joan Barbara Yarde-Buller was born on 22 April 1908, the daughter of John Yarde-Buller, 3rd Baron Churston, and Denise Orme. She married Loel Guinness. They had one son, Patrick Benjamin Guinness...
Joan married Khan on 18 May 1936, a few days after the divorce became absolute. His son Patrick is a half-brother to the present Aga Khan IV. Joan and Khan also divorced and the Prince later married American actress Rita Hayworth, and Joan married the 2nd Viscount Camrose and was styled as Joan Berry, Viscountess Camrose.
25. Apr. 1997 · Joan Barbara Yarde-Buller : Family tree by Tim DOWLING (tdowling) - Geneanet. Check. Relationship. Relationship with Timothy Michael Dowling (Sosa/Ahnentafel #1) Relationship with Thomas Loel Evelyn Bulkeley Guinness (spouse) Relationship with Aly Solomon Aga Khan (spouse) Map.