30. Nov. 2023 · Rockefeller Jr. married Abby Greene Aldrich, the daughter of U.S. Sen. Nelson W. Aldrich, in 1901. Her philanthropy focused on institutions such as the YWCA and Planned Parenthood , but her greatest achievement was the founding, with friends, of the Museum of Modern Art (1929; MoMA) in New York.
30. Nov. 2023 · The Work of the National Monetary Commission : An Address By Senator Nelson W. Aldrich Before the Economic Club of New York, November 29, 1909 DATE: November 29, 1909 AUTHOR: Aldrich, Nelson W. (Nelson Wilmarth), 1841-1915 CONTRIBUTING AUTHORS: United States. National Monetary Commission Sixty-First Congress, 1909-1911 Download (pdf) View Full Text
30. Nov. 2023 · District of Columbia (Chairman: Jacob H. Gallinger; Ranking Member: Nelson W. Aldrich) Education and Labor (Chairman: Louis E. McComas; Ranking Member: John W. Daniel) Engrossed Bills (Chairman: Francis M. Cockrell; Ranking Member: George F. Hoar) Enrolled Bills (Chairman: John F. Dryden; Ranking Member: Murphy J. Foster)
Vor 6 Tagen · Payne's bill passed the House in April 1909; when it reached the Senate, the chairman of the Senate Finance Committee, Nelson W. Aldrich, attached numerous amendments that raised tariff rates. Aldrich's amendments outraged progressives such as Wisconsin's Robert M. La Follette , who strongly opposed the high rates of the Payne ...
Vor 3 Tagen · Orlow W. Chapman: Succeeded by: Charles H. Aldrich: Personal details; Born September 15, 1857 Cincinnati, Ohio, U.S. Died: March 8, 1930 (aged 72) Washington, District of Columbia, U.S. Resting place: Arlington National Cemetery: Political party: Republican: Spouse
21. Nov. 2023 · Nelson Aldrich Rockefeller (* 8. Juli 1908 in (Bar Harbor), Maine; † 26. Januar 1979 in New York City, New York) war ein US-amerikanischer Politiker (Republikanische Partei), von 1959 bis 1973 Gouverneur des Bundesstaates New York und in der Regierung des Präsidenten Gerald Ford vom 19. Dezember 1974 bis zum 20. Januar 1977 der (41.
13. Nov. 2023 · Descended from a New England family whose ancestor had come over on the Mayflower, Abby Aldrich had inherited the clan’s famous charm from her politician father, Senator Nelson W. Aldrich. She lived in an imposing home at 110 Benevolent Street, among Providence’s toniest addresses. Impulsive, irreverent, and full of adventure, she was ...