Vor einem Tag · The SED was founded on 21 April 1946 by a merger of the Social Democratic Party of Germany (SPD) and the Communist Party of Germany (KPD) which was based in the Soviet occupation zone of Germany and the Soviet-occupied sector of Berlin.
- 16 December 1989
- Communism, Marxism–Leninism, Stalinism (until 1956)
- 21 April 1946
3. März 2023 · The Socialist Unity Party of Germany ( German: Sozialistische Einheitspartei Deutschlands, shortened: SED) was the governing party of East Germany from 1949, when East Germany was created, until the elections of 1990. It was formed in 1946 a year after World War 2 ended in 1945 and after Nazi Germany was defeated and after the Nazi ...
- Communist Party of Germany (KPD), Social Democratic Party of Germany (SPD)
- 1990 (renamed PDS)
- Party of Democratic Socialism (PDS)
In Germany: Allied occupation and the formation of the two Germanys, 1945–49. The resulting Socialist Unity Party (SED) swept to victory with the ill-concealed aid of the Soviets in the first elections for local and regional assemblies in the Soviet zone. However, when in October 1946 elections were held under fairer conditions in Berlin ...
Vor 3 Tagen · the German Democratic Republic, established on 7 October 1949, commonly known as East Germany, was a Marxist–Leninist socialist republic with its leadership dominated by the Soviet-aligned Socialist Unity Party of Germany (SED). 
15. März 2023 · As proof of his marketing savvy, consider something called the “Socialist Unity Party of Germany” (Sozialistische Einheitspartei Deutschlands, or SED), founded on April 21, 1946. In the wake of World War II, Stalin’s armies reigned supreme over much of Europe. They had earned it, no doubt, first warding off the threat from the German ...
Vor einem Tag · He held the posts of General Secretary of the Socialist Unity Party of Germany (SED) and Chairman of the National Defence Council; in 1976, he replaced Willi Stoph as Chairman of the State Council, the official head of state. As the leader of East Germany, Honecker was viewed as a dictator.
Vor 3 Tagen · This article lists political parties in Germany . The Federal Republic of Germany has a plural multi party system. The largest by members and parliament seats are the Christian Democratic Union (CDU), with its sister party, the Christian Social Union (CSU) and Social Democratic Party of Germany (SPD). Germany also has a number of ...