30. Aug. 2023 · Gil Fuller & the Monterey Jazz Festival Orchestra featuring Dizzy Gillespie is an album by composer, arranger and conductor Gil Fuller featuring trumpeter Dizzy Gillespie recorded in 1965 and originally released on the Pacific Jazz label.
Discover With Gil Fuller and the Monterey Jazz Festival Orchestra by Dizzy Gillespie, Gil Fuller, The Monterey Jazz Festival Orchestra released in 1965. Find album reviews, track lists, credits, awards and more at AllMusic.
16. Jan. 2023 · Explore songs, recommendations, and other album details for Gil Fuller & The Monterey Jazz Festival Orchestra Featuring Dizzy Gillespie by Gil Fuller & The Monterey Jazz Festival Orchestra Featuring Dizzy Gillespie. Compare different versions and buy them all on Discogs.
- Big Band
13. Okt. 2008 · By 1965, Dizzy wasn’t working with Fuller in an official capacity; the trumpeter toured and recorded on his own while the West Coast-based arranger headed up an organization called the Monterey Jazz Festival Orchestra. In addition to playing that year’s festival, the group also managed to bang out two studio albums featuring Dizzy and tenor saxophonist James Moody - another Gillespie big ...
31. Aug. 2023 · One of Dizzy Gillespie's hippest big band sessions ever – and one of the few dates as a leader from arranger Gil Fuller! Fuller will always be best-remembered as the man who composed some of Dizzy Gillespie's best known tunes from the bop era – like "Manteca", "One Bass Hit", and "Things To Come" – but on this album from 1965, he's reunited with Dizzy for a large group set of tracks that ...
30. Aug. 2023 · Provided to YouTube by The Orchard Enterprises
- 5 Min.
13. Sept. 2023 · The Dizzy Gillespie band played at the 1963 Monterey Jazz Festival. Their performance was recorded and released in an album titled Dizzy for President . On stage, the band performed one of Gillespie’s most famous numbers, “Salt Peanuts,” which had been reworked in a version titled “Vote Dizzy,” and included such lyrics as ...