17. Nov. 2023 · 70 years on from the legendary 1953 concert at Massey Hall, Toronto, that featured jazz legends Charlie Parker, Dizzy Gillespie, Bud Powell, Charles Mingus, and Max Roach on stage together, comes this complete 3-LP collection. Including two insightful essays and previously unseen photos this expanded collection is pressed on 180-gram ...
18. Nov. 2023 · Dizzy Gillespie US-amer. Jazzmusiker (Trompeter), Komponist, Sänger, Arrangeur und Bandleader * 1917. 21. Oktober. vor 106 Jahren. in Cheraw, South Carolina † 1993. 6. Januar. vor 30 Jahren. in Englewood, New Jersey. Dizzie Gillespie / Wienerworld »Bestellungen bei jpc« Biographie; Biographie. Einer der Giganten und eine der ...
29. Nov. 2023 · by Matt Micucci. “A Night in Tunisia” is a quintessential composition by trumpeter Dizzy Gillespie. Its origins remain somewhat of a mystery. However, many sources have claimed to have located its genesis in Gillespie’s time as a member of Benny Carter’s band in 1942.
9. Nov. 2023 · List of the best Dizzy Gillespie albums, including pictures of the album covers when available. This Dizzy Gillespie discography is ranked from best to worst, so the top Dizzy Gillespie albums can be found at the top of the list.
Vor 6 Tagen · Capitol Records, Inc. ( not for release label use; US company behind the “Capitol Records” imprint) recorded at: Carnegie Hall in Midtown Manhattan, New York, New York, United States (on 1947-09-29) live recording of: Cool Breeze (on 1947-09-29) composer: Tadd Dameron, Billy Eckstine and Dizzy Gillespie. 5:14.
17. Nov. 2023 · Dizzy Gillespie. Key album: Dizzy Gillespie/Sonny Rollins/Sonny Stitt – Sonny Side Up (1957) Bud Powell. Key Bud Powell album: The Amazing Bud Powell, Vol. 1 (1952) Thelonious Monk. Key Thelonious Monk album: Genius of Modern Music: Volume 1 (1947) Fats Navarro. Best Fats Navarro album: Fats Live at the Royal Roost (1948) Max Roach
17. Nov. 2023 · Some of Gillespie’s finest work from the 1960’s can be found on his popular disc ‘Dizzy on the French Riviera’ recorded in France in 1962. His rendition of Jobim’s ‘No More Blues’ ably accompanied by an all-star band from all corners of the world, begins with the sounds of children having fun by the ocean.