1. März 2023 · The Weimar Republic was the German government from 1919 to 1933. It is so called because the assembly that adopted its constitution met at Weimar from February 6 to August 11, 1919. On February 11, the assembly elected Friedrich Ebert president of the Reich.
Vor 4 Tagen · The Weimar Constitution created a republic under a parliamentary republic system with the Reichstag elected by proportional representation. The democratic parties obtained a solid 80% of the vote. During the debates in Weimar, fighting continued.
16. März 2023 · Controlled revolution: The establishment of the Republic (1918–1919) From 1916 onwards, the 1871 German Empire had effectively been governed by the military, led by the Oberste Heeresleitung (OHL, Supreme Army Command) with the Chief of Staff Paul von Hindenburg.
The political struggle in Prussia, the largest of the German Länder (states), was scarcely less important than that in the Reich. Since 1920 Prussia had been governed by a stable coalition of the Social Democrats and the Centre under the leadership of two Social Democrats, Otto Braun and Carl Severing.
4. März 2023 · The Weimar Republic was the main democratic government of Germany from 1919 until 1933. The Weimar Republic was formed in 1919 after the Weimar Constitution and Treaty of Versailles were signed. The first President of the Weimar Republic was Friedrich Ebert, the leader of the Social Democratic...
23. März 2023 · Constitution: History: previous 1919 (Weimar Constitution); latest drafted 10-23 August 1948, approved 12 May 1949, promulgated 23 May 1949, entered into... More Independence: 18 January 1871 (establishment of the German Empire); divided into four zones of occupation (UK, US, USSR, and France) in... More Germany Video
7. Jan. 2023 · Under the Weimar Constitution, Germany was divided into 19 states. All citizens had the right to vote, electing members of the Reichstag or German Parliament along with the President. The President in turn appointed a chancellor and an assortment of cabinet members.