17. Nov. 2023 · Er war der älteste Sohn der Philanthropen John D. Rockefeller Jr. und Abby Aldrich Rockefeller. Seine Geschwister waren Abby, Nelson, Laurance, Winthrop und David. Er war maßgeblich am Aufbau des Kuratoriums, des Stiftungszentrums und des freien Sektors beteiligt. Er ist der Vater von John Davison „Jay“ Rockefeller IV – ein ...
Vor 3 Tagen · The idea for the Museum of Modern Art was developed in 1929 primarily by Abby Aldrich Rockefeller, wife of John D. Rockefeller Jr., and two of her friends, Lillie P. Bliss and Mary Quinn Sullivan.  They became known variously as "the Ladies" or "the adamantine ladies".
13. Nov. 2023 · Abby Rockefeller had been involved in the restoration and decorating of houses since she was sixteen, when her father bought a large old home in Providence for the Aldrich family. Her marriage into the Rockefeller family gave her several houses to furnish and renovate over the years, and she had almost single-handedly planned ...
16. Nov. 2023 · Whitney of course founded her eponymous museum while Bliss, alongside Abby Aldrich Rockefeller and Mary Quinn Sullivan, was behind the founding of MoMA.
11. Nov. 2023 · Founded in 1929 by Abby Aldrich Rockefeller and her colleagues, MoMA initially operated from the Heckscher Building at 730 Fifth Avenue. Its first permanent home, designed by Philip L. Goodwin and Edward Durell Stone, was unveiled in 1939, featuring the International Style that symbolized the museum’s dedication to modernism.
24. Nov. 2023 · Abby Aldrich Rockefeller (Mrs. John D. Rockefeller Jr.) seated at her desk; Abby Aldrich Rockefeller;1922; Photographic Archive. The Museum of Modern Art Archives, New York
22. Nov. 2023 · A prominent figure in the history of American landscape design, Beatrix Farrand née Jones (1872-1959) was the mastermind behind the idyllic grounds of the Abby Aldrich Rockefeller Garden on Mount Desert Island in Maine and Dumbarton Oaks Gardens in Washington, D.C., among numerous others.